A small town girl from the start, I lived in a few different rural communities growing up. Greensburg, KS ended up being "home" (and always will be!). Photography was always in the back of my mind, I just enjoyed taking photos. However, I didn't think it could lead to a career; I didn't really get into it until college.
I ended up at Friends University in Wichita my sophomore year and joined their Studio Art program with a Photography emphasis. I learned SO much at Friends, from drastically improving my photography, to organizing and running art shows. I graduated in 2013 after completing an internship with the Wichita Thunder taking photos for their hockey games.
My husband Michael and I got married in 2013 and moved to Moundridge, KS about two weeks after our wedding. We love this community and our church! In 2018 we welcomed a new baby boy to our family, and our second boy is due October 2019!
I have taken other photography classes outside of college with the Kansas Professional Photographers Association hosted by Bethel College. These classes had a HUGE effect on my photography; I've taken studio and outdoor portraiture, lighting fundamentals, and advanced photoshop classes through KPPA.
I have also done a thorough online retreat for newborn and maternity photography through "The Milky Way," a resource for photographers that creates classes for specific parts of photography like lighting, posing, safety, and more.
After shooting for over ten years, I have learned so much and feel my skills improve more with every shoot. I'm always learning, always growing, and I'll never stop getting better. I've shot a little for newspapers, won contests, and done countless shoots for seniors, couples, families, little ones, and events. This is a passion of mine, and I love helping people make memories they can keep forever.
Ten Random Facts About Me!
- My husband and I named our little boy Isaac, because it means "Laughter"
- Glacier National Park is one of my favorite places in the world
- I have been to France (Paris and Versailles) LOVE IT
- I played tennis in college
- Going to rock concerts is one of my favorite things to do
- I collect silly hats (including a mohawk wig and a sombrero) and yes I've worn most of them in public
- I played street hockey growing up
- I'm obsessed with praying mantises
- I love exercising, especially weight lifting
- I serve a living, loving, awesome God!
"I am still learning" - Michelangelo (at age 87)